EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE
Te Tari Arotake Matauranga
The purpose of the Education Review Office (ERO) reviews is to give parents and the wider school community assurance about the quality of education that schools provide and their children receive. An ERO school report answers the question “How effectively is this school’s curriculum promoting student learning – engagement, progress and achievement?”
Under that overarching question ERO reports on the quality of education and learning outcomes for children and for specific groups of children including Maori students, Pacific students, and students with special needs. ERO also reports in the quality of the school’s systems for sustaining and continuing improvements. The report answers five main questions about the school;
- How well is the school achieving equitable outcomes for all children?
- How effectively does this school respond to Māori and other children whose learning and achievement need acceleration?
- What school processes are effective in enabling achievement of equity and excellence?
- What further developments are needed in school processes to achieve equity and excellence?
- How well placed is the school to accelerate the achievement of all children who need it?