Windy Ridge School Newsletter
23 October 2019
Term 4 Week 2
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, As-salāmu ʿalaykum, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Szia, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Nga mihi nui kia koutou katoa
REMINDER – MONDAY 28TH OCTOBER – LABOUR DAY – SCHOOL IS CLOSED
Student-Led fundraising – We are very impressed with the initiative shown by a group of our senior students who have planned a bake sale to fundraise for the Tui Team EOTC trip at the end of this year. It’s great to see the confidence and problem solving that goes into organising something like this. Well done!! Please see below for their notice:
Dear Families, Team Tui are doing a bake sale this Friday at morning tea. We are raising money for our EOTC trip at the end of the year. All sweet treats will be $1 and will be available outside the Hall after assembly. Some of our Tui students have taken this upon themselves to organise. If you are able to support them by baking something to sell we would very much appreciate it. It can be delivered to the hall on Friday morning.
Sports Equipment and resources – We have purchased a new net for volleyball or tennis and lots of new hula hoops for lunch time play. We also got some volleyballs, soccer balls and soft foam balls. We are currently in the process of getting new basketball hoops, netball posts and rugby posts for the field. Thank you so much to the PTA for the funding to make this possible.
PhotoLife – On Monday 4th November all students will be having class and individual photos taken in the hall, this notice was sent home yesterday PhotoLife Notice If you would like to have sibling photo taken (including preschoolers) please collect this notice from the office and complete before photo day and hand into the office PhotoLife Sibling Notice
Working Bee – On Saturday 2nd November we are holding a school working bee, we are planning to plant 2 large pohutukawa trees, remove plants from the junior fence line and remove weeds and dead branches from the bush area at the back gate. Please let the office know if you can help, we plan to be onsite from 8.30am to 3pm. Please bring gloves, pruners, spades, buckets and wheelbarrows.
BoT REMINDER – If you have an opinion about the proposed Ministry of Education school grant proposal, you can email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
KickStart Breakfast – is held in the hall everyday from 8.30am to 8.50am, this is for any child who would like to have some weetbix, milk and fruit before school. We are looking for adults to help supervise the breakfast, if you have some free time in the morning please contact the office or complete the attached form. The weetbix and milk are donated by Sanitarium and Fonterra. The canned fruit is an optional extra and we rely on donations to offer this, so if you would like to donate a can please drop them into the office. Kickstart Breakfast Club Parent Volunteers
Now you have an even easier way to order and pay, when and where it suits you on the myKindo iPhone App.
- To get started, just search ‘myKindo’ on the Apple App Store
- Download, sign in and set up a PIN (you can even use TouchID or FaceID)
- Pay for last minute lunches, sports subs, trip fees, fundraising products or anything school-related, right from your mobile device
- Contact the Helpdesk Monday-Friday 8am – 4pm via email or telephone 0508 454 636 if you need assistance.
- Team Tui EOTC: Thursday 5th and Friday 6th December Birkenhead Leisure Centre EOTC 2019
- Assembly Term 4: Our assemblies are held every 2nd week of the term, the assembly starts at 9.45am, prior to this parents are welcome to come and have a coffee and chat in the staffroom from 9am with our Principal Brenda McPherson. This week Team Pukeko are sharing at our assembly, Friday 25th October, Team Fantail – Week 4 – Friday 8th November, Team Tui – Week 6 – Friday 22nd November, Team Falcon – Week 8 – 6th December. Our final assembly for the year will be held on Monday 9th December starting at 11am, this assembly will be our Prizegiving and Year 6 Graduation ceremony.
- Team T4 Newsletters – Team Fantail Term 4 newsletter 2019, Team Pukeko Term 4 Newsletter, Falcon Term 4 Newsletter
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that as we head into summer (hopefully) children will need sunhats at school every day next term. Please make sure they are named.
- Spare Clothing – We recommend the students always have a change of clothes in their bags.
- Head Lice – Please check your child’s hair weekly as unfortunately head lice are very common in the community. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/ For advice on treatments: https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/h/head-lice/#Chemicalproducts Will my child have to stay away from school? No, the school will not exclude your child or ask you to keep them at home because they have lice. You don’t need to keep your child at home while you’re treating lice either. We have combs available in the office, but also your local chemist and supermarket will sell products.
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Walking School Bus – We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record) Kindo Shop Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Ezlunch Term 4 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is open from 8.30am to 8.50am and at lunchtimes from 12.45pm to 1.25pm.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson Flyer
- Before & After-School Care – The sKids organisation provide this service from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – Wednesday 18/12 (midday)
School Terms 2020
Term 1 Monday 03/02 – Thursday 09/04
Term 2 Tuesday 28/04 – Friday 03/07
Term 3 Monday 20/07 – Friday 25/09
Term 4 Monday 12/10 – TBC
- Calendar Art – Online ordering will close at 9am Monday 28th October. Calendars $15, greeting cards $12.50, mouse pads $14, diaries $15 and sketch pads $13. Samples of these can be viewed in the office. Online ordering closes Monday 28th October. To view your child’s artwork go to www.kidsartworks.com and enter the entrance code from the order form sent home last term, you can contact the office for a copy of this code.
You can enrol on line or phone Haiying 551 6974 or
Elizabeth 441 0209 or Betty 551 6960
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz