Windy Ridge School Newsletter
3 July 2019
Term 2 Week 10
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, As-salāmu ʿalaykum, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Szia, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Lost Property – We have a large amount of unclaimed clothing items in our lost property box which is situated on the hall deck. We will be cleaning this out over the holiday period and giving any unclaimed items of clothing to good will.
KickStart Breakfast – is held in the hall everyday from 8.30am to 8.50am, this is for any child who would like to have some weetbix, milk and fruit before school. We are looking for adults to help supervise the breakfast, if you have some free time in the morning please contact the office or complete the attached form. The weetbix and milk are donated by Sanitarium and Fonterra. The canned fruit is an optional extra and we rely on donations to offer this, so if you would like to donate a can please drop them into the office. Kickstart Breakfast Club Parent Volunteers
- Dance Lessons – Team Tui students will be participating in dance lessons next term every Thursday afternoon, starting in week 2. Team Tui Dance Lessons
- Hip Hop Lessons – Year 4 students will be participating in Hip Hop lessons next term every Tuesday afternoon, starting in week 2. Year 4 Hip Hop Lessons
- Nature Play Programme – Next term, each class in our Pukeko, Falcon and Tui teams will get a chance to spend a day in outdoor play under the guidance of Ms Maxwell. In order to operate this programme safely and effectively, we need a minimum of six parents to sign up as helpers for the day. Please check out the attached timetable and use the sign up code to volunteer as a helper for your child’s class date. Nature Play Programme
- Head Lice – Please check your child’s hair weekly as unfortunately head lice are very common in the community. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/ For advice on treatments: https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/h/head-lice/#Chemicalproducts Will my child have to stay away from school? No, the school will not exclude your child or ask you to keep them at home because they have lice. You don’t need to keep your child at home while you’re treating lice either. We have combs available in the office, but also your local chemist and supermarket will sell products.
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Walking School Bus – We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record) Kindo Shop If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE Term 2 Ezlunch T2 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is open from 8.30am to 9.50am and at lunchtimes from 12.45pm to 1.25pm.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson Flyer
- Before & After-School Care – The sKids organisation provide this service from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 1 Monday 4/02 – Friday 12/04
Term 2 Monday 29/04 – Friday 05/07
Term 3 Monday 22/07 – Friday 27/09
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – Wednesday 18/12 (midday)
- Chocolate Fundraiser – Reminder please return all money and any unsold chocolates to the office before the end of this term.
- Entertainment Books – Order your book now – Orders
Glenfield Intermediate needs your help!
Our sister school from Japan, Hakata Junior High School, are visiting us between 13-18 August and we need Glenfield families to open their homes to them for five nights of 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 August.
Please contact Fi in the school office (Ph 4446582) if you can help us out.
Please note that as this is our sister school, there will be no homestay payments made.
Art in the Holidays (for ages 7 – 12 yrs.)
With step-by-step instruction children will draw then create a vibrant acrylic painting learning tips and techniques along the way. Fun and focused.
Venue: Beach Haven Community House, July 10th, 10am – 3.00pm, $50
BOOKINGS: firstname.lastname@example.org, ph. 0210606641
WAIRAU INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Becroft Drive, Forrest Hill
OPEN DAYS / EVENING
Wairau Intermediate School will be holding Open Days during school hours on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 August and an Open Evening on 8 August at 7.00pm. Current Year 6 children and their parents / caregivers are invited to visit the school during these times. Information packs including an enrolment form will be available at the open days and evening but can also be obtained by phoning the Wairau Intermediate School Office, on 410 7805. Enrolments will be accepted from 12 August. We have students from our main contributing schools visiting us for the day on 12, 15, 21 and 22 August. If you would like your child to come along and join in on one of these Year 6 transition days, please phone the office so that this can be arranged.
MARRZIPAN HOLIDAY WORKSHOP!Students will devise their own play, create characters they feel awesome portraying, learn to direct each other, design the set, bring in costumes, use iMovie to create a commercial for their play on the iPad aaaaaand get to perform to family and friends at the end of the final day!
Dates – Monday 8th – Friday 12th July
Price – $60 per day
Bollywood Dance Classes
Marlborough Primary School Hall Saturdays 10.30am-11.30am, Term Time.
Come for a free trial class today.
Ages 5-12 years, boys and girls.
Life Changing Parenting Courses
for Parents of all Cultures
Parenting Adolescents in Mandarin (am) begins Tuesday 23rd July
Effective Discipline (am) in English begins Wednesday 24th July
Parenting Adolescents in English (pm) begins Wednesday 24th July
Effective Discipline (am) in Korean begins Thursday 25th July
Effective Discipline (am) in Mandarin begins Friday 26th July
Positive Discipline for under 4’s (am) in English begins Monday 29th July
You can enrol on line or phone Haiying 551 6974 or
Elizabeth 441 0209 or Betty 551 6960
- How to make your own fresh pasta following Italian traditional recipe and using pasta machine
- How to make different cuts of pasta
For more information and bookings:
Call Cosimo on 021 08587326 or email email@example.com
Facebook Page: “Handmade pasta with love”
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz
Term two at Parenting Place is full of exciting events and we want to let you know what’s going on. We’d love for you to share the following events with people in your community.
Featured events – with nibbles and hot drinks
We’ve made a poster for this that you can download here and print off. You can pop it on your school noticeboard or even insert it in your school newsletter. If you’ve got a Facebook page, feel free to share this link.
3 July – Big feelings
For more information on all the events we have on offer, you can head to our website here.