Windy Ridge School Newsletter
5 June 2019
Term 2 Week 6
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, As-salāmu ʿalaykum, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Szia, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
with a Masters in Educational Psychology. There are two different sessions depending on the age of your child/ren. Come to one or both! The first session “The Early Years – Ages 5-9” is from 5.30 – 7pm and the second session “The Adolescent Brain”starts at 7.30pm and ends at 9pm at the Glenfield College Kapatiki Theatre. And the best part is that it is FREE to attend. SEATS ARE LIMITED so please contact the school office to confirm your attendance.
KickStart Breakfast – is held in the hall everyday from 8.30am to 8.50am, this is for any child who would like to have some weetbix, milk and fruit before school. We are looking for adults to help supervise the breakfast, if you have some free time in the morning please contact the office. The weetbix and milk are donated by Sanitarium and Fonterra. The canned fruit is an optional extra and we rely on donations to offer this, so if you would like to donate a can please drop them into the office.
- Road Patrol Roster – The new roster started this week. Road Patrol Roster Term 2
- Rippa Rugby – We have our first Rippa Tournament day tomorrow 6th June. Please remember All players who have signed up to play must also be registered to play according to the North Harbour Rugby please follow this link https://www.sporty.co.nz/
viewform/87602 and register your child. Any questions please forward them to Mrs Turner.
- Assemblies for this term: Our school assemblies are held every second Friday. This is Team Pukeko are sharing at our assembly. Week 8 – 21st June – Team Fantail. Week 10 – CHANGE OF DATE – Monday NOT Friday. Assembly starts at 9.45am, prior to this we have a coffee and chat for parents in the staffroom from 9am with our Principal Brenda McPherson and Board Chairperson Caroline Hudson.
- Term 2 Team Newsletters – Team Fantail Term 2 newsletter 2019, Team Pukeko Term 2 Newsletter, Team Falcon Term 2 newsletter 2019, Team Tui Term 2 newsletter 2019
- Chicken Pox – We have been advised of another case of chicken pox this week, to find out more information and advice about chicken pox – https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/chickenpox
- Strep Throat – We have recently had several cases of Strep Throat in the school, if your child has a fever and sore throat please check with your doctor. For more information and advice see the Health Navigator NZ website.
- Head Lice – Please check your child’s hair weekly as unfortunately head lice are very common in the community. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/ For advice on treatments: https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/h/head-lice/#Chemicalproducts Will my child have to stay away from school? No, the school will not exclude your child or ask you to keep them at home because they have lice. You don’t need to keep your child at home while you’re treating lice either. We have combs available in the office, but also your local chemist and supermarket will sell products.
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Walking School Bus – We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record) Kindo Shop If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE Term 2 Ezlunch T2 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is open from 8.30am to 9.50am and at lunchtimes from 12.45pm to 1.25pm.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson FlyerBefore & After-School Care – The sKids organisation provide this service from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 1 Monday 4/02 – Friday 12/04
Term 2 Monday 29/04 – Friday 05/07
Term 3 Monday 22/07 – Friday 27/09
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – Wednesday 18/12
- Movie Night – Friday 7th June, 6pm – PTA Movie Night
- Parents Meet and Greet – Wednesday 12th June, from 7.30pm to 8.30pm A social networking evening for all Windy Ridge parents – PTA Meet and Greet
- Chocolate Fundraiser – Thanks for supporting this fundraiser. There are still have some extra boxes to sell, contact the office.
- Entertainment Books – Order your book now – Orders
Bollywood Dance Classes
Marlborough Primary School Hall Saturdays 10.30am-11.30am, Term Time.
Come for a free trial class today.
Ages 5-12 years, boys and girls.
Parenting Courses for Parents of all Cultures
Effective Discipline is for parents of children aged 4 – 11 years
Effective Discipline in Korean each Tues evening begins 30th April
Effective Discipline in English each Wed morning begins 1st May
Effective Discipline in Mandarin each Thurs morning begins 2nd May
Positive Discipline for under 4’s in English each Tues morning begins 7th May
Positive Discipline for under 4’s in Mandarin each Frid morning begins 10th May
Parenting Adolescents in English each Wed evening begins 1st May
Positive Discipline – Basic Skills in Mandarin each Mon evening begins 6th May
for parents of children and teens 8 – 16 years
You can enrol on line or phone Elizabeth 022 341 6212
- How to make your own fresh pasta following Italian traditional recipe and using pasta machine
- How to make different cuts of pasta
For more information and bookings:
Call Cosimo on 021 08587326 or email [email protected]
Facebook Page: “Handmade pasta with love”
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz
Term two at Parenting Place is full of exciting events and we want to let you know what’s going on. We’d love for you to share the following events with people in your community.
Featured events – with nibbles and hot drinks
We’ve made a poster for this that you can download here and print off. You can pop it on your school noticeboard or even insert it in your school newsletter. If you’ve got a Facebook page, feel free to share this link.
3 July – Big feelings
For more information on all the events we have on offer, you can head to our website here.