Windy Ridge School Newsletter
27 February 2019
Term 1 Week 4
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
We are excited to host our special guests on Friday morning as we launch the WRS KickStart breakfast programme. Your child should have brought home a notice today to invite them and you to join us for the powhiri. We need to know numbers attending for catering purposes. We are meeting at 7.45am in the Hall to prepare for an 8am start. If you are able to support us as an adult helper for serving breakfast, please contact the office tomorrow.
Roxdale fruit snacks
Munch eco products
- Falcon Team Passion Day – Friday 5th April – Falcon Team Passion Day
- Windy Ridge House Team Fun Day – Tuesday 5th March – Windy Ridge House Team Fun Day notice
- Team Fantail Trip – On March 11th the Fantails are visiting The Science Playroom, please read the attached notice for more information. Team Fantail Trip T1 2019
- Assemblies for this term: This Friday – 1st March – Team Falcon are sharing at our assembly, Week 6 – 15th March – Team Pukeko, Week 8 – 29th March – Team Fantail. Week 10 – 12th April – All Teams, Inquiry Progess/Wonderings. Assembly starts at 9.45am, prior to this we have a coffee and chat for parents in the staffroom from 9am with our Principal Brenda McPherson and Board Chairperson Caroline Hudson.
- Swimming – Students from last years Team Pukeko will be having their swimming lessons this term. Pukeko Swimming Notice 2019
- Term 1 Newsletter – Team Fantail Term 1 Newsletter – Team Pukeko Term 1 Newsletter – Falcon Term 1 newsletter – Team Tui newsletter T1 2019
- EOTC – Team Tui students will be participating in Education Outside the Classroom this term with 2 trips to Tiritiri Matangi and Long Bay, please return the permission slip with payment to the office by the 15th March. Team Tui EOTC Parent Help Notice – EOTC Team Tui – Please fill in and the return the attached form to the office – EOTC Parent Consent, Risk Disclosure & Health Profile Form
- Shore to Shore – “Shore to Shore is an excellent way to fundraise for your school, as a percentage of your entry fee goes to your school to purchase PE gear and facilitate sports in school. Flyer To register follow this link http://shoretoshore.co.nz/ – click on register then select our school and follow the instructions.
There’s 1 week left to get your TRYathlete kit delivered for the Hibiscus Coast event!
Secure your child’s spot in the Hibiscus Coast Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon on Sunday 24 March 2019 today!
Enter online now and save $10 off the full entry price for individual and team participants.
Plus enter by midnight on Wednesday 6 March 2019 and get your TRYathlete kit delivered to your home FREE thanks to Post Haste.
Be quick as entries are selling fast! Online discount end midnight on Monday 18 March 2019.
TRYathlete kits will be delivered 3 – 5 days before the event by Standard Delivery.
All entries received after midnight on Wednesday 6 March 2019 will need to collect their TRYathlete kit on the event day at Manly Park on Sunday 24 March between 7am-8am.
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Head Lice – Please check your childs hair weekly as unfortunately head lice are very common in the community. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/ For advice on treatments https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/h/head-lice/#Chemicalproducts – Will my child have to stay away from school? No, the school will not exclude your child or ask you to keep them at home because they have lice. You don’t need to keep your child at home while you’re treating lice either. We have combs available in the office, but also your local chemist and supermarket will sell products.
- Walking School Bus – Hello, welcome to 2019 from your Walking School Buses. We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated. The Roberts Road bus is not running at the minute as their aren’t enough drivers, so if you’d love to help, we’d greatly appreciate it. Kind regards Caroline Hudson, WSB Coordinator
- Sun Safety – All students will need their sunhats at school this term. Please make sure they are named.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues in the heat please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record)… https://shop.tgcl.co.nz/shop/
handshake.shtml?&shop=Windy% 20Ridge%20School If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE Term 1 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is currently closed while we upgrade our software to new online system.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson Flyer
- Before & After-School Care – The sKids organisation are now running this program from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 1 Monday 4/02 – Friday 12/04
Term 2 Monday 29/04 – Friday 05/07
Term 3 Monday 22/07 – Friday 27/09
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – TBC
- PTA AGM – Tuesday 5th March from 7pm in the staffroom, all welcome.
- Fun Day Juicies – Next Tuesday 5th March (or on 6th March if the event is postponed) the PTA will be selling Juicies (frozen real fruit ice blocks) for $1.50 order forms will come home tomorrow. Juicies Order form
We do not accept any bookings from outside of these suburbs and this campaign is for cats only (sorry no dogs).
Spaying and neutering is good for your and your cat. A spayed or neutered cat:
- Can be more affectionate and friendly
- Is less likely to spray and mark their territory in your house
- Is less likely to yowl loudly throughout the night
- Is less likely to get into fights and require medical care
- Can live a longer and healthier life
- Has reduced risk of health problems such as cancer
We understand that sometimes families find it challenging to get their hands on a carry cage to take their cat to the vet, and this usually means that they miss out on using this free service.
To help with this, we have a very limited number of reusable cardboard carry cages available. If you are in need of a carry cage for this campaign, please get in contact the office.
M Sports are coming back to hold fun Football Kidz clinics at the school with our new inflatable pitch. Girls and boys from years 0-6 are welcome to participate. They’ll play fun games, learn exciting new skill techniques, play small matches and make new friends all under the guidance of our great team of qualified coaches.
Bollywood Dance Classes
NZ’s Elite Bollywood Dance School
Marlborough Primary School Saturdays 10.30am-11.30am
Come for a free trial class today.
Ages 5-10 years, boys and girls.
From term 2, classes will be held at Birkenhead Dance Studios, Enterprise St, and ages will be streamlined, see website for more details.
Beach Haven Birkdale Fun Run and Walk
Sunday March 24 – 10.30am – Shepherds Park
Put the date in your diary for a fun filled morning with spot prizes, certificates for every
participant and activities for the whole family before during and after the event.
Gold coin donation raising money towards connecting our parks and making our coastal
walkways more beautiful!!
5km and 1km Courses to choose from
Like us on Facebook – Beach Haven Fun Run
www.beachhavenfunrun.co.nz for more information and registration
- How to make your own fresh pasta following Italian traditional recipe and using pasta machine
- How to make different cuts of pasta
For more information and bookings:
Call Cosimo on 021 08587326 or email email@example.com
Facebook Page: “Handmade pasta with love”
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz