Windy Ridge School Newsletter
20 February 2019
Term 1 Week 3
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Something very exciting is happening at WRS as we open our KickStart Breakfast club!
We’re proud to be offering a KickStart Breakfast of Sanitarium Weet-Bix & Anchor milk for all tamariki who would like to join the club before school. Breakfast club will be in the Hall from 8.30am every morning.
Our first breakfast club is a very special celebration as we are the 1000th school to join the KickStart Breakfast programme. To recognise this amazing milestone, we will have a number of guests and dignitaries joining us for the event. We wish to invite anyone who wishes to join us for the morning; children, parents and whanau.
Join us on Friday 1st March at 7.45am in the school hall for a powhiri whakatau (led by our Kapa Haka students) to welcome our special guests and share some yummy breakfast kai!
- Team Fantail Trip – On March 11th the Fantails are visiting The Science Playroom, please read the attached notice for more information. Team Fantail Trip T1 2019
- Assemblies for this term: Team Falcon, Week 6 – 15th March – Team Pukeko, Week 8 – 29th March – Team Fantail. Week 10 – 12th April – All Teams, Inquiry Progess/Wonderings. Assembly starts at 9.45am, prior to this we have a coffee and chat for parents in the staffroom from 9am with our Principal Brenda McPherson and Board Chairperson Caroline Hudson.
- Swimming – Students from last years Team Pukeko will be having their swimming lessons this term. Pukeko Swimming Notice 2019
- Term 1 Newsletter – Team Fantail Term 1 Newsletter – Team Pukeko Term 1 Newsletter – Falcon Term 1 newsletter – Team Tui newsletter T1 2019
- Basketball Competition – This year we are entering teams into the North Harbour basketball competition for students in Years 2-6, please return the attached notice this week. Basketball notice
- EOTC – Team Tui students will be participating in Education Outside the Classroom this term with 2 trips to Tiritiri Matangi and Long Bay, please return the permission slip with payment to the office by the 15th March. Team Tui EOTC Parent Help Notice – EOTC Team Tui – Please fill in and the return the attached form to the office – EOTC Parent Consent, Risk Disclosure & Health Profile Form
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Head Lice – Please check your childs hair weekly as unfortunately head lice are very common in the community. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/ For advice on treatments https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/h/head-lice/#Chemicalproducts – Will my child have to stay away from school? No, the school will not exclude your child or ask you to keep them at home because they have lice. You don’t need to keep your child at home while you’re treating lice either. We have combs available in the office, but also your local chemist and supermarket will sell products.
- Walking School Bus – Hello, welcome to 2019 from your Walking School Buses. We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated. The Roberts Road bus is not running at the minute as their aren’t enough drivers, so if you’d love to help, we’d greatly appreciate it. Kind regards Caroline Hudson, WSB Coordinator
- Sun Safety – All students will need their sunhats at school this term. Please make sure they are named.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues in the heat please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record)… https://shop.tgcl.co.nz/shop/
handshake.shtml?&shop=Windy% 20Ridge%20School If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE Term 1 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is currently closed while we upgrade our software to new online system.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson Flyer
- Before & After-School Care – The sKids organisation are now running this program from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 1 Monday 4/02 – Friday 12/04
Term 2 Monday 29/04 – Friday 05/07
Term 3 Monday 22/07 – Friday 27/09
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – TBC
- Meet the Team Evening – Wednesday 20th February 5-7pm. The PTA will be selling cold drinks and juicies during the evening.
M Sports are coming back to hold fun Football Kidz clinics at the school with our new inflatable pitch. Girls and boys from years 0-6 are welcome to participate. They’ll play fun games, learn exciting new skill techniques, play small matches and make new friends all under the guidance of our great team of qualified coaches.
Bollywood Dance Classes
NZ’s Elite Bollywood Dance School
Marlborough Primary School Saturdays 10.30am-11.30am
Come for a free trial class today.
Ages 5-10 years, boys and girls.
From term 2, classes will be held at Birkenhead Dance Studios, Enterprise St, and ages will be streamlined, see website for more details.
Beach Haven Birkdale Fun Run and Walk
Sunday March 24 – 10.30am – Shepherds Park
Put the date in your diary for a fun filled morning with spot prizes, certificates for every
participant and activities for the whole family before during and after the event.
Gold coin donation raising money towards connecting our parks and making our coastal
walkways more beautiful!!
5km and 1km Courses to choose from
Like us on Facebook – Beach Haven Fun Run
www.beachhavenfunrun.co.nz for more information and registration
- How to make your own fresh pasta following Italian traditional recipe and using pasta machine
- How to make different cuts of pasta
For more information and bookings:
Call Cosimo on 021 08587326 or email [email protected]
Facebook Page: “Handmade pasta with love”
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz