Windy Ridge School Newsletter
13 February 2019
Term 1 Week 2
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Kamusta, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Malo e Leilei, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Glenfield College – Adult and Community Education – We haven’t gone anywhere but we are changing for the better and see a fresh start in 2019
Currently we have a limited range of course available:- ESOL (English for speakers of other Languages), Sewing, Xero Courses, Accountancy & Tax and a new Mindfulness & Wellness course about to start. We have people looking at Excel, Word, Spanish, French & Te Reo but we are in need of Tutors for these subjects.
If you or people you know have talents or skills and would like to earn extra money, please get in contact with us. You may be a Master of Renovations, awesome at crafts, a keen writer, a florist or flax weaver. Are you a amateur Historian with knowledge of the area, do you speak Mandarin, draw or paint? We want to hear from you! We want feedback and input and are ready to listen.
- Assemblies for this term: This Friday Team Tui are presenting at our assembly. Week 4 – 1st March – Team Falcon, Week 6 – 15th March – Team Pukeko, Week 8 – 29th March – Team Fantail. Week 10 – 12th April – All Teams, Inquiry Progess/Wonderings. Assembly starts at 9.45am, prior to this we have a coffee and chat for parents in the staffroom from 9am with our Principal Brenda McPherson and Board Chairperson Caroline Hudson.
- Swimming – Students from last years Team Pukeko will be having their swimming lessons this term, starting this Thursday 14th February. Pukeko Swimming Notice 2019
- Life Education – The North Shore Life Education mobile classroom and ‘Harold’ the giraffe are visiting our school this term on Thursday 7th February until Friday 15th February, please send your payment to the office by Friday. Life Education 2019
- Term 1 Newsletter – Team Fantail Term 1 Newsletter – Team Pukeko Term 1 Newsletter – Falcon Term 1 newsletter – Team Tui newsletter T1 2019
- Basketball Competition – This year we are entering teams into the North Harbour basketball competition for students in Years 2-6, please return the attached notice by the 18th February. Basketball notice
- EOTC – Team Tui students will be participating in Education Outside the Classroom this term with 2 trips to Tiritiri Matangi and Long Bay, please return the permission slip with payment to the office by the 15th March. Team Tui EOTC Parent Help Notice – EOTC Team Tui
- Sunshine Online – www.sunshineonline.co.nz Free access to all families to use these books – Login – windyridge1 – Password – windyridge
- Head Lice – Unfortunately these are very common in the community, please check your child’s hair regularly. We have attached the link to the Ministry of Education parent information website with more information. https://parents.education.govt.nz/primary-school/wellbeing/head-lice/
- Walking School Bus – Hello, welcome to 2019 from your Walking School Buses. We have 4 Walking School Buses at WRS. They leave from Stephanie Close, Stanley Road, Roberts Road and Hiwihau Place. Most of them leave around 8.15am in the morning to get the students to school for 8.30am. If you would like your child(ren) to come on the Walking School Bus AND are able to help just one morning or afternoon a week, see Mrs Boyce in the office for a form and she will pass your details on to the right person. The Walking School Buses are solely run by awesome volunteers so your help is always appreciated. The Roberts Road bus is not running at the minute as their aren’t enough drivers, so if you’d love to help, we’d greatly appreciate it. Kind regards Caroline Hudson, WSB Coordinator
- Sun Safety – All students will need their sunhats at school this term. Please make sure they are named.
- Lost Property – Please remember to check our lost property bin on the hall deck for any lost items, please name all items of clothing, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- Kindo – To avoid office queues in the heat please go online to make payments through your mykindo account. If you haven’t used Kindo before, click this link to get started (all you need is the email address we have on record)… https://shop.tgcl.co.nz/shop/
handshake.shtml?&shop=Windy% 20Ridge%20School If you already have a mykindo account, go to www.mykindo.co.nz or via the link on our school website. www.facebook.com/kindo.co.nz This site also hosts our online lunch ordering system Ezlunch – All orders must be made before 9am. Kindo_Parent_Flyer_CHINESE Term 1 Menu
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. You can telephone the office and leave an absence message or go online to the school website and use the Report an absence tab or use the Skool Loop app. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page, we are only able to accept parents and caregivers to this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
- School Library – The library is currently closed while we upgrade our software to new online system.
- Music Lessons – John Casson from MusiqHub is now offering music lessons in Guitar & Ukulele at our school, see the attached notice for more information. John Casson Flyer
- Before & After-School Care – The sKids organisation are now running this program from our school hall, please feel free to drop in and see them or register online through their website. www.skids.co.nz/locations/windy_ridge/
School Terms 2019
Term 1 Monday 4/02 – Friday 12/04
Term 2 Monday 29/04 – Friday 05/07
Term 3 Monday 22/07 – Friday 27/09
Term 4 Monday 14/10 – TBC
- Meet the Team Evening – Wednesday 20th February 5-7pm. The PTA will be selling cold drinks and juicies during the evening.
- How to make your own fresh pasta following Italian traditional recipe and using pasta machine
- How to make different cuts of pasta
For more information and bookings:
Call Cosimo on 021 08587326 or email [email protected]
Facebook Page: “Handmade pasta with love”
Welcome to the Home of Kids Party Entertainment.
At Party At Yours we love to entertain your children with our super fun, innovative party ideas and
activities to suit birthday boys and girls of all ages. www.partyatyours.co.nz