Windy Ridge School Newsletter
November 8th 2017
Term 4 Week 4
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Re:scam can take on multiple personas, imitating real human tendencies with humour and grammatical errors, and can engage with infinite scammers at once, meaning it can continue an email conversation for as long as possible.
If you’ve received a scam email, forward it to email@example.com and they’ll take it from there. They will even send you an unedited summary of the conversations Re:scam has had with the scammer – sometimes they can be quite humorous.
You can find out more about Re:scam and how it works at www.rescam.org
- Hell Reading Challenge – Our school is participating in the Hell Reading Challenge, which is being run in conjunction with the 2017 NZ Book Awards for Children. Hell Reading Challenge
- Assemblies for this term: Week 4 – Team Fantail, Week 6 – Team Falcon, Week 8 – Team Pukeko, Week 9 – Prizegiving & Yr 6 Graduation.
- Digital Citizenship WRS: Here are a couple of clips that may be helpful to watch with your family. Netsmartzkids RBS – The Movie and Brainpop Internet Safety Fun
- School Athletics Day – Friday 1st December Teams Pukeko, Falcon and Tui will start their activities after morning tea at 11.15am.Team Fantail Students: As this is the first experience of competing in an Athletics Day for most of our children, we will be holding our own smaller field competition during the morning block of that day and then joining in with the rest of the school after lunch for the track running events. If your child will be 6 on this date, and you would like them to take part in the larger school competition, please inform one of the Fantail teachers and we will arrange for this.
- School Prizegiving Assembly – 11th December 11 am start
- Sun Safety – This term all children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Reviewing school policies –
- Visit the website SchoolDocs – WRS
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type “Parent”.
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
- Online Learning Support – Sunshine Online; www.sunshineonline.co.nz or iPad and android app (yellow). Username : windyridge1 Password : windyridge
- Lost Property – please see the office or the hall kitchen for any lost items, please remember to name all clothing and hats.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9 am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch is available all days of the week. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
School Terms 2017
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec
School Terms 2018
Term 1 Thursday 1 February – Friday 13 April
EASTER: Friday 30/03 – Tuesday 3/04
Term 2 Monday 30/04 – Friday 6/07
Queens Birthday: Monday 4/06
Term 3 Monday 23/07 – Friday 28/09
Term 4 Monday 15/10 – 15th Dec at 12.30pm
Glenfield Intermediate boys school shorts for sale only worn 2 terms
Navy blue – Size 10 – Excellent condition
Purchased from NZ Uniforms @ $55 per pair
Sell for $15 per pair
Phone (09) 443 0329
Mobile 027 2644490
PARENTING ANXIOUS TEENS & TWEENS – Term 4
Enrolments: firstname.lastname@example.org or 441 8989
More details can be found on our website.
YOUNG AT ART – AFTER SCHOOL ART CLASSES (5yrs-15yrs) are open for bookings for Term 4 – FREE TRIALS AVAILABLE! Classes in Beach Haven and lots of other venues across Auckland. Inspire and encourage your young creative while they have fun learning technique and theory along the way. For more information and bookings or to talk to us about a FREE TRIAL please check out www.youngatart.co.nz or email: email@example.com
Kaipatiki Community Facilities Trust Sustainable Neighbourhood Project.
Boomerang Bags ` `made in Kaipatiki “ is a community driven initiative tackling plastic pollution at the grassroots level through our KCFT Sustainable Neighbourhood Projects which is supported by the Birkenhead Licensing Trust. The many dedicated volunteers get together to make re-usable bags using recycled materials as a means to provide a sustainable alternative to plastic bags in Kaipatiki.
To set the scene, of Plastic Free Kaipatiki, we absolutely need your help! Keen Volunteers needed to help with cutting and sorting the materials, pinning, ironing, stamping and sewing at the planned sewing bees.
All ages welcome! No experience required – sewers non sewers…….churches, community sites………every one volunteer is exceptional……..if you’re keen please let us know, or if you can donate material for this programme…….or other ideas, we welcome contact Jill@kaipatikicommunityfacilitiestrust.org.nz Let’s see how many sewing bees we can add to the existing at Bayview Community Centre, Chartwell Hub and Beach Haven Community House. Our two lovely project leads Tracey and Alana……would be keen to hear from you.
The Facebook Page Boomerang Bags North Shore Auckland https://www.facebook.com/groups/184754688701669/ Thank you.