Windy Ridge School Newsletter
September 6th 2017
Term 3 Week 7
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Windy Ridge School – Board of Trustees
Casual Vacancy for an elected trustee.
To stop sickness from spreading, students should be kept at home when they are ill. How long they should be at home depends on their illness. In the case of some illnesses, the decision about whether to exclude students or staff will be made by the Medical Officer of Health.
The Ministry of Health gives advice on when students and staff should stay away from school when they are unwell with a more serious infection/illness.
In the case of an outbreak of a serious infection/illness, it is useful to know who has been vaccinated against the infection/illness. Our school keeps a record of immunisation information to help identify students at risk. We encourage parents to keep their child’s immunisations up to date. If parents are unsure about their child’s immunity (or anyone in their family) to a particular infection/illness, they should check with their family doctor. They can also ring 0800 IMMUNE (0800 466 863) or Healthline on 0800 611 116 for advice.
In an outbreak, those who haven’t been immunised may need to be excluded or quarantined.
- Team Pukeko Trip – Motat, Thursday 7th September Team Pukeko – Motat Trip
- Team Fantail Trip – The Pumphouse Threatre – Mrs Wishy Washy, Wednesday 27th September Team Fantail Trip – The Pumphouse Theatre
- Dance – Ballroom Yrs 5 & 6, final session tomorrow Thursday 7th at 1.40pm.
- Assemblies for this term: Week 8 Falcon team, Week 10 All teams (Inquiry presentation)
- Reviewing school policies –
- Visit the website SchoolDocs – WRS
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type “Parent”.
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
- THERE IS NO CAR-PARKING FOR PARENTS TO DROP OFF AND PICK UP CHILDREN FROM WITHIN THE SCHOOL GATES. Please ensure you park sensibly and legally on the road outside the school. School carpark gates will be shut from 8.30am. Other visitors to the school during school hours can park in the visitor parking in the back carpark between 9.00 am and 2.30 pm. (Mobility taxis use this space otherwise).
- Online Learning Support – Sunshine Online; www.sunshineonline.co.nz or iPad and android app (yellow). Username : windyridge1 Password : windyridge
- Lost Property- collected and stored in the Health Room.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9 am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch is available all days of the week. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
School Terms 2017
Term 3 Monday 24 July – Friday 29 Sept
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec
Labour Day – Monday 23/10
School Terms 2018
Term 1 Thursday 1 February – Friday 13 April
EASTER: Friday 30/03 – Tuesday 3/04
Term 2 Monday 30/04 – Friday 6/07
Queens Birthday: Monday 4/06
Term 3 Monday 23/07 – Friday 28/09
Term 4 Monday 15/10 – 17th or 18th Dec (tbc)
Labour Day – Monday 22/10
- Calendar Art – students are currently creating an artwork for this fundraiser, the artwork will be displayed in their classrooms. Sample calendars, cards, diaries, mouse pad and sketch pads can be viewed in the office. Please return your order before the end of term.
- Quiz Night – Friday 15th September at 7pm, tickets cost $20 see the attached flyer for more information Quiz Night
- Entertainment Books – This month and next we are selling entertainment books as a fundraiser with $14 from each book being donated to the school. We have a sample book in the office with order forms or see the attached link to order a book or digital membership online www.entbook.co.nz/992s96
Kaipatiki Community Facilities Trust Sustainable Neighbourhood Project.
Boomerang Bags ` `made in Kaipatiki “ is a community driven initiative tackling plastic pollution at the grassroots level through our KCFT Sustainable Neighbourhood Projects which is supported by the Birkenhead Licensing Trust. The many dedicated volunteers get together to make re-usable bags using recycled materials as a means to provide a sustainable alternative to plastic bags in Kaipatiki.
To set the scene, of Plastic Free Kaipatiki, we absolutely need your help! Keen Volunteers needed to help with cutting and sorting the materials, pinning, ironing, stamping and sewing at the planned sewing bees.
All ages welcome! No experience required – sewers non sewers…….churches, community sites………every one volunteer is exceptional……..if you’re keen please let us know, or if you can donate material for this programme…….or other ideas, we welcome contact Jill@kaipatikicommunityfacilitiestrust.org.nz Let’s see how many sewing bees we can add to the existing at Bayview Community Centre, Chartwell Hub and Beach Haven Community House. Our two lovely project leads Tracey and Alana……would be keen to hear from you.
The Facebook Page Boomerang Bags North Shore Auckland https://www.facebook.com/groups/184754688701669/ Thank you.
The Little Mouse’s Tail Book Launch – Saturday 26th August, 11am at Glenfield Library.
To order this book http://www.d-alchemist.com/books.html
Maths Craft Festival 9-10 September – Events Centre Auckland Museum
|To register please contact Patrice Senio, Pacific Community Coordinator|
PH: 09 415 4653 | MOB: 027-7004018 | E: email@example.com
|FREE for Pacific Students 6-12 years|