Windy Ridge School Newsletter
August 30th 2017
Term 3 Week 6
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Respect, Resilience, Kindness, Integrity
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Cześć, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Visitors at School – Education Review Office
This week we have been hosting some reviewers from the Education Review Office who have returned to complete a scheduled three year review. Thank you to the parents who joined us for the powhiri on Monday.
The Education Review Office (ERO) is the New Zealand government department that evaluates and reports on the education and care of students in schools and early childhood services. Education reviews are reports to Boards of trustees, managers of early childhood education services and the Government on the quality of education provided for children and students in individual centres and schools.
This week the team has spoken with senior leaders, classroom teachers, students, the Board and some parents. Their focus has been on student achievement, and we have had very valuable discussions as we have shared our school’s journey since last review. They will present their findings to the Board at the end of this week, and then a final report will be published some weeks after that. Once we have received a confirmed report it will be made available on both the ERO website and on the school website.
Early symptoms may include:low-grade feverchillsheadachebody achesore throatdiarrhoea.
- Team Pukeko Trip – Motat, Thursday 7th September Team Pukeko – Motat Trip
- Team Fantail Trip – The Pumphouse Threatre – Mrs Wishy Washy, Wednesday 27th September Team Fantail Trip – The Pumphouse Theatre
- Dance – Hip Hop Yr 4 Hip Hop Year 4 Notice final session on Tuesday 5th at 1.40pm.
- Dance – Ballroom Yrs 5 & 6 Ballroom Dance Years 5 & 6 Notice final session on Thursday 7th at 1.40pm.
- Assemblies for this term: Week 6 Tui team, Week 8 Falcon team, Week 10 All teams (Inquiry presentation)
- Cross Country – Friday 1st September, lunch will now be starting at the earlier time of 12.00pm with the cross country commencing at 1.00pm. The students will be racing in age groups starting with the 5 year olds.
- Reviewing school policies –
- Visit the website SchoolDocs – WRS
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type “Parent”.
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
- THERE IS NO CAR-PARKING FOR PARENTS TO DROP OFF AND PICK UP CHILDREN FROM WITHIN THE SCHOOL GATES. Please ensure you park sensibly and legally on the road outside the school. School carpark gates will be shut from 8.30am. Other visitors to the school during school hours can park in the visitor parking in the back carpark between 9.00 am and 2.30 pm. (Mobility taxis use this space otherwise).
- Online Learning Support – Sunshine Online; www.sunshineonline.co.nz or iPad and android app (yellow). Username : windyridge1 Password : windyridge
- Lost Property- collected and stored in the Health Room.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9 am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch is available all days of the week. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/windyridgeparents/
School Terms 2017
Term 3 Monday 24 July – Friday 29 Sept
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec
Labour Day – Monday 23/10
School Terms 2018
Term 1 Thursday 1 February – Friday 13 April
EASTER: Friday 30/03 – Tuesday 3/04
Term 2 Monday 30/04 – Friday 6/07
Queens Birthday: Monday 4/06
Term 3 Monday 23/07 – Friday 28/09
Term 4 Monday 15/10 – 17th or 18th Dec (tbc)
Labour Day – Monday 22/10
- Fathers Day Raffle – last Friday your child received 5 raffle tickets, the PTA would really appreciate your help in selling these tickets. Please return all money and tickets butts to the school office by Thursday 31st August. Look out for the prize display in the foyer.
- Quiz Night – Friday 15th September at 7pm, tickets cost $20 see the attached flyer for more information Quiz Night
- Chocolates – REMINDER!!!! please bring all outstanding money or chocolates to the office this week.
- Entertainment Books – This month and next we are selling entertainment books as a fundraiser with $14 from each book being donated to the school. We have a sample book in the office with order forms or see the attached link to order a book or digital membership online www.entbook.co.nz/992s96
Kaipatiki Community Facilities Trust Sustainable Neighbourhood Project.
Boomerang Bags ` `made in Kaipatiki “ is a community driven initiative tackling plastic pollution at the grassroots level through our KCFT Sustainable Neighbourhood Projects which is supported by the Birkenhead Licensing Trust. The many dedicated volunteers get together to make re-usable bags using recycled materials as a means to provide a sustainable alternative to plastic bags in Kaipatiki.
To set the scene, of Plastic Free Kaipatiki, we absolutely need your help! Keen Volunteers needed to help with cutting and sorting the materials, pinning, ironing, stamping and sewing at the planned sewing bees.
All ages welcome! No experience required – sewers non sewers…….churches, community sites………every one volunteer is exceptional……..if you’re keen please let us know, or if you can donate material for this programme…….or other ideas, we welcome contact Jill@kaipatikicommunityfacilitiestrust.org.nz Let’s see how many sewing bees we can add to the existing at Bayview Community Centre, Chartwell Hub and Beach Haven Community House. Our two lovely project leads Tracey and Alana……would be keen to hear from you.
The Facebook Page Boomerang Bags North Shore Auckland https://www.facebook.com/groups/184754688701669/ Thank you.
The Little Mouse’s Tail Book Launch – Saturday 26th August, 11am at Glenfield Library.
To order this book http://www.d-alchemist.com/books.html
Maths Craft Festival 9-10 September – Events Centre Auckland Museum
|To register please contact Patrice Senio, Pacific Community Coordinator|
PH: 09 415 4653 | MOB: 027-7004018 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
|FREE for Pacific Students 6-12 years|