Windy Ridge School Newsletter
March 29th 2017
Term 1 Week 9
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
WRS Enrolment Scheme – Update
We have met with the Ministry on Monday to clarify the next steps we take in the introduction of the enrolment scheme, which will come into effect on May 8th – week 2 of term 2.
The good news is that every student currently enrolled and attending on that day is considered an ‘In Zone’ student regardless of where they live. We will be sending letters to the students pre-enrolled to start on or after the 8th May to explain how the zone might affect their enrolment at our school and what extra documentation we will require to ensure eligibility to enrol.
Once the scheme is in place students living outside of the school zone will be placed in a ballot process and prioritised for enrolment in the following order:
- students accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school (We do not have any special programmes offered like this)
- siblings of current students
- siblings of former students
- children of former students
- children of employees or Board members
- all other students
If you want to know more please go the school website and read the information available there, including FAQs and the map of the zone.
A big thank you to all the parents and family members who have helped us out in the last few weeks, and in advance for the next few days. We have had a busy time at school with working bees, discos, sausage sizzles, team trips and weekend sporting events. None of these wonderful, exciting and fun activities would be possible without the support of volunteers so thanks from both staff and students.
**** School Notices are available on the school website. ****
- Policy Review – Recognition of Cultural Diversity
- Visit the website http://windyridge.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch is available all days of the week now. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- PTA Facebook – Information about our fabulous PTA is available online on Facebook. Search ‘Windy Ridge School PTA’ for the page and join up for updates and information about events and news.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. Search – Windy Ridge Parents. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff’
Registrations Close This Friday!
Term dates and Upcoming Events
School Terms 2017
Term 1 Wednesday 1st February – Thursday 13th April
Term 2 Monday 1 May – Friday 7 July
Term 3 Monday 24 July – Friday 29 Sept
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec
It’s almost time for our AUCKLAND HOLIDAY WORKSHOP with Jen and Zac!The Marrzipan Holiday Workshop runs from 10am-4pm Wednesday 19th to Friday 21st April at Birkdale Int and Churchill Park School. Students will devise their own play from scratch, create characters, direct each other, design the set, bring in costumes and get to perform to family and friends at the end of the final day!
Past workshops have been a great hit! As well as having fun, the children develop confidence and public speaking ability, in a fun, relaxed environment.
For more information check out our website! Spaces are limited to 16 per group so get in quick!
THE FLASH BANG SCIENCE CLUB After School Classes for children aged 7yrs+ are open for bookings in Beach Haven. Bring science to life with fun filled, action packed science and technology sessions.
School Holiday Computer Classes
For ages 5 – 15 in Minecraft, Learn to Code in Scratch or Python, Create 3D Games, Web Design, Animation, Video Editing or Build a PC and if young the Discovery Computer Class. For further information call 488-0787 or visit www.grandtraining.co.nz.
Teacher required for school holiday computer class.
We require a teacher for our Minecraft, web design, Java, Python and Scratch coding classes in the school holidays.
Auckland Shore Venue: Westlake Boys High School 30 Forrest Hill Rd
Head Office: 20 Vivian Street, Wellington