Windy Ridge School Newsletter
March 8th 2017
Term 1 Week 6
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
KINDO: online school shop (click on KINDO to register)
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
On Saturday 18th March we are having some trees trimmed to make way for the new junior playground. If you intend to visit the grounds on this day please make sure all children are supervised and stay well away from these area for safety reasons. On Sunday 19th March we are holding a working bee to clear this area, split logs and remove some large rocks, all volunteers are welcome. Please bring your tools and chainsaws if you have them. If you would like to purchase firewood for $100, would like some fill, mulch or some large rocks for the garden bring along your trailer, first in first served basis and available from 11am. This is part of the playground fundraiser.
Contact Suzanne at the office if you are able to attend.
Safety after school
We would like to remind families that the school is not a supervised play space outside of school hours. We are very happy for you to bring your children here to play and enjoy the facilities, but please know that we are not supervising them if they are sent without an adult.
If you require after-school support for your children, there is a programme that runs in the school hall. Please contact Steven ( 0212987926 ) for more information about this.
For the Yr 3-6 students who have been selected to visit the PolyFest festival later this month, we need the return slips back please.
We also need a lot more parent volunteers to join us and drive on the day. Please let the office know if you can help out please.
**** School Notices are available on the school website. ****
- Policy Review – Recognition of Cultural Diversity
- Visit the website http://windyridge.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch available all days of the week now. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- PTA Facebook – Information about our fabulous PTA is available online on Facebook. Search ‘Windy Ridge School PTA’ for the page and join up for updates and information about events and news.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. Search – Windy Ridge Parents. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff’
Term dates and Upcoming Events
School Terms 2017
Term 1 Wednesday 1st February – Thursday 13th April
Term 2 Monday 1 May – Friday 7 July
Term 3 Monday 24 July – Friday 29 Sept
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec