Windy Ridge School Newsletter
February 8 2017
Term 1 Week 2
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
**** School Notices are available on the school website. ****
- Policy Review – Recognition of Cultural Diversity
- Visit the website http://windyridge.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch available all days of the week now. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- PTA Facebook – Information about our fabulous PTA is available online on Facebook. Search ‘Windy Ridge School PTA’ for the page and join up for updates and information about events and news.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. Search – Windy Ridge Parents. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff’
- Road Patrol Supervisors – If you have some time before or afterschool we are looking for parents to help supervise the road patrol monitors. Contact Jenine Maxwell firstname.lastname@example.org
Term dates and Upcoming Events
School Terms 2017
Term 1 Wednesday 1st February – Thursday 13th April
Term 2 Monday 1 May – Friday 7 July
Term 3 Monday 24 July – Friday 29 Sept
Term 4 Monday 16 October – Friday 15 Dec
Free tickets to the International Men’s Softball tournament at Albany 8-12 February, contact the office
Is your child shy? Do they feel intimidated by the idea of public speaking and performance? Do they sometimes find it difficult to make eye contact? Do they just need dedicated time per week to just be CRAZY?! Come and join the revolutionary self-confidence programme – Marrzipan! We run awesome drama classes at school, which focus on key life skills and public speaking ability.We play fun engaging games and perform at the end of term once to parents and once to the school. All scripts are original, engaging, educational and HILARIOUS. All children receive a certificate too to remind them they are awesome! You can sign your child up for a Trial Lesson via our websitewww.marrzipandrama.co.nz or contact Jex on 027 217 0693
After-school art class, Term 1, 2017
This 6-week drawing and painting class provides a fun and focused program for children aged 7–12yrs. With step-by-step guidance from artist/tutor Eion Bryant students will discover with drawing how simple shapes can be used to sketch more complex images then explore painting with the versatile acrylic medium.
Tuesdays 3.30 – 5.00pm starting February 21 Venue: Highbury house. Cost $105 (all materials included) Bookings: email email@example.com, ph. 09 483 6703
After School Art Class for ages 7-12 yrs.
A structured drawing and painting program with artist/art tutor Eion Bryant. Fun and focused.
Venue: Highbury House, Tuesdays 3.30 – 5pm for 6 weeks starting February 21. Cost $105 Bookings: email firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. 4836703