Windy Ridge School Newsletter
November 16th 2016
Term 4 Week 6
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Year 1 & 2 against Birkenhead 3 on field 3A at 4:30
Year 3 & 4 against Northcote No Fear on field 6 at 4pm
Year 5 & 6 against Onepoto on field 2 at 4:30
School Notices are available on the school website.
- Policy Review – Sun Protection and EOTC
- Visit the website http://windyridge.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the username (windyridge) and password (WRS0629).
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that as we head into summer (hopefully) children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch available all days of the week now. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- PTA Facebook – Information about our fabulous PTA is available online on Facebook. Search ‘Windy Ridge School PTA’ for the page and join up for updates and information about events and news.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. Search – Windy Ridge Parents. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff’.
- Parking: Parents please remember that our car parks are not available for parent pick ups and drop offs as they are for staff and disability parking only. Also remember that when you are parking in Valley View Road there are signs limiting parking between 8.45-9.15am and 2.45-3.15pm. Please park outside the designated area or be aware that this is a ticketable traffic offence.
- School Athletics Day: Friday 25th November (Week 7) sava day Monday 28th November (Week 8). To run the events successfully we require parent help on the day. If you are available please contact John Keoghan in Room 8. email@example.com
- Cluster Athletics Day: 2nd December, sava day 9th December
- Chess: Chess club day has been changed this term. We will meet in the library on Tuesdays at lunchtime. Everyone is welcome to come along and learn how to play.
- Stocktake – Next week we will be asking for reading and library books to be returned to school so we can do our annual stocktake.
Term dates and Upcoming Events
School Terms 2016/2017
Term 4 Monday 10th October – Wednesday 14th December (school closes at 12.30 pm)
School holidays during the term: Labour Day – Mon 24 Oct
Term 1 Wednesday 1st February 2017 – Thursday 13th April 2017
|CHRISTMAS JUST GOT BIGGER!|
Vinyasa Flow Yoga Classes
All Stages Welcome Tuesdays 7pm Highbury House, 110 Hinemoa St, Birkenhead
Saturdays 10am Shuriken Gym 89A Wairau Rd, Glenfield (Entrance via Currys Lane)
First class free then $10 casual or $45 for 6 classes For more information contact Simone 021 128 3425
BECOME A STAR WITH NORTHERN PERFORMING ARTS! We are a North Shore-based dance studio with passionate and highly-qualified teachers tutoring all ages in jazz, ballet, contemporary, hip hop and tap in a supportive and nurturing environment. Whether your child wants to dance for exams, competitions, shows, troupes or just for fun, NPA has the classes for them. For more information and 2017 enrolments, please contact studio director Alicia on alicia@northernperformingarts.
Xtreme Rhythmix now has more exciting classes for beginners in rhythmic gymnastics in the North Shore Events Centre complex! Come along and learn fun skills with ropes, hoops, ball, clubs and ribbons. Pre-competitive classes available on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book in for a trial class.