Windy Ridge School Newsletter
October 26th 2016
Term 4 Week 3
School Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 033 4812 00
PTA Bank Account: ASB 12 3072 038 4799 00
Hello, Hola a todos, Kumusta, Annyeonghaseyo, Ni Hao, Konichiwa, Namaste, Zdravstvuyte, Ciao, Hallo, Bonjour, Salut, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Kia Ora Koutou
News from the Principal
Year 3/4 – 4:30pm against Birkenhead Teague on field 6
Year 5/6 – 5pm against Birkenhead on field 2
School Notices are available on the school website.
- Sun Safety – Just a reminder that as we head into summer (hopefully) children will need sunhats at school every day. Please make sure they are named.
- Attendance – Please ensure that your children arrive at school on time and that we are aware of their absence by 9.00am each day. We do follow up lateness and absence as we are required to report on both to the Ministry of Education and the Board of Trustees. If you are planning a holiday in term time please advise your child’s teacher and the office.
- Banking day is Thursday – please send ASB envelopes to the office.
- Ez Lunch available all days of the week now. Please go to ezlunch.co.nz to register and order. More information available at the office.
- PTA Facebook – Information about our fabulous PTA is available online on Facebook. Search ‘Windy Ridge School PTA’ for the page and join up for updates and information about events and news.
- WINDY RIDGE PARENTS Facebook – We have a closed Facebook page for Windy Ridge parents – you need to request to be part of this page. Search – Windy Ridge Parents. It is a valuable page for reminders, information, and general WRS ‘stuff’.
- Parking: Parents please remember that our car parks are not available for parent pick ups and drop offs as they are for staff and disability parking only. Also remember that when you are parking in Valley View Road there are signs limiting parking between 8.45-9.15am and 2.45-3.15pm. Please park outside the designated area or be aware that this is a ticketable traffic offence.
- School Athletics Day: Friday 25th November (Week 7) sava day Monday 28th November (Week 8). To run the events successfully we require parent help on the day. If you are available please contact John Keoghan in Room 8. [email protected]
- Cluster Athletics Day: 2nd December, sava day 9th December
- Touch Rugby: Year 5 & 6 team training’s every lunchtime with Mr Keoghan, meet outside Room 8 after lunch eating. The year 1 & 2 team will be having a training run before their games, but if they would like to join in at lunchtime they are welcome.
- Chess: Chess club day has been changed this term. We will meet in the library on Tuesdays at lunchtime. Everyone is welcome to come along and learn how to play.
Term dates and Upcoming Events
School Terms 2016/2017
Term 4 Monday 10th October – Wednesday 14th December
School holidays during the term: Labour Day – Mon 24 Oct
Term 1 Wednesday 1st February 2017 – Thursday 13th April 2017